Recipe by Gondo
This is a simple lemon bread recipe designed to use honey instead of sugar, the fewest amount of eggs possible, and common inexpensive not hard-to-find ingredients. I also included weight measurements for ease of measuring and for those who own a scale.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
Looking for a nice quick bread as I had no yeast. My 4 yr old daughter and I put this together in no time. I wasnt sure if the honey amount was correct when I changed the measurements over to american (changed it from grams to ounces) and I thought it seemed like a lot of honey, so I halved it just in case. It didnt come out very sweet but my daughter and I didnt want it overly sweet to begin with so my mistake ended up working out ok for us anyway. Used all organic ingredients, and organic whole wheat flour. The lemon taste is very nice and it balances nicely with the other ingredients. It tastes terrific warm out of the oven, but better after it has cooled off. Thank you for sharing.
- 125 g margarine
- 270 g honey (sweetener in place of white sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 33 g lemon juice
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 5 g baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda (to neutralize acid in honey)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325'F.
- Scale out margarine and honey in mixer bowl and set aside.
- Scale out 2 eggs with 33g lemon juice and set aside.
- Scale out dry flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sift together.
- Measure 1/2 cup of milk.
- Cream margarine and honey together using flat beater of mixer.
- Beat in eggs and lemon juice.
- Add approximately half of flour mixture and mix.
- Add milk and incorporate.
- Add remaining flour mixture and finish mixing.
- Transfer mixture to a greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 45min at 325'F.