Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad was demonstrated at the supermarket one day, sponsored by Kraft Foods. One taste and I was hooked. It's super simple to prepare, and tastes great! You can substitute low fat ingredients and still get all the flavor. Feel free to use your favorite brands. I served this with corn muffins and received rave reviews from the family. It looks great layered in a glass bowl.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I use a fresh thick and chunky style, your choice of heat)
- 1 cup colby cheese, crumbled (Kraft makes a Natural 3 Cheese Crumble in cheddar, monterey jack, and colby that is used for this re)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup tortilla chips (broken small)
- Place romaine in the bottom of a glass bowl or on a serving platter.
- Layer with beans, corn, chicken, salsa, and cheese crumbles.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing.'.
- Sprinkle with chips.