Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
During a dinner party, the dog knocked down and ate the cake I had made for dessert. So I made this quick and easy dessert which was enjoyed by all.
- Spread the coconut on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees until browned. Don't let it burn.
- Let coconut cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place two small scoops of ice cream in each dessert bowl.
- Top each serving with 1 tbsp of Amaretto (you can substitute Kahlua).
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve immediately.
The truth is, while everybody else is dealing with snow-pocalypse, here I am sunning on my patio feasting on toasted coconut ameratto ice cream. Don't be jealous, now.
Simply yum! You can't go wrong with this combination. Thanks Pesto Lover, made for PAC spring 2010
This recipe is so simplistic, but so delicious. I usually hate coconut, but I found the amaretto helped balance it nicely. This is a recipe that I will definitely make again!