Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple lasagna, great to make ahead and freeze for up to 2 months.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown beef with garlic and onion in a 10" pan.
- Add tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, spices, and sugar.
- Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Boil and drain lasagna noodles.
- Mix ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese and some parsley.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Construct the lasagna with layers of noodles, meat sauce, ricotta cheese, and shredded cheese.
- I use two pans: an 8x8 and a 9x4 loaf pan, bake one and freeze the other.
- If you use a 13x9 you will probably need more lasagna noodles.
- Bake with foil covering for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered another 15 minutes.
This recipe was amazing!!!! So easy and it came out fantasically good! Most definatly a keeper in you box of tricks. There is no way to mess up this receipe.
I am new to cooking and this lasagna recipe made it very easy!! My husband absolutely LOVED it!! Thanks.