Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple, delicious, quick and inexpensive preparation of a fillet of lake trout. Many thanks to the Ontario Natural Food Co-op and the fisherfolk of Manitoulin Island for the incredible wild lake trout.
- 1 fillet wild lake trout
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemons or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -4 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 2 teaspoons salt, Herbamare or 2 teaspoons salt substitute
1 sprig herb of choice
- thyme, tarragon, dill, chives, garlic chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Wash fish fillet and pat dry.
- Finely mince shallots.
- Slice lemon.
- Pour olive oil over both sides of fillet. (i put the oil on the paper or foil and coat one side then the other.).
- Place lemon slices on top of oiled paper or foil. Top with shallots, herbs and half of cracked peppercorns and salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Great recipe! I put the oiled filet skin-side down on the foil... then topped with the onions, spices, added fresh garlic, then the lemon slices. Perfect!