Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I really enjoy Kale with potatoes and decided to make a very simple version of it. It is quick to make and very flavorful. Use margarine instead of butter if you wish
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 354.88 ml kale, chopped fairly fine
- 29.58 ml ricotta cheese or 29.58 ml light sour cream
- 14.79 ml butter
- salt & pepper
- Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil, turn the heat to medium but keep the potatoes boiling.
- Add kale to the boiling potatoes.
- When potatoes are soft drain the potato kale mixture
- Add ricotta and butter, salt and pepper to the drained potatoes and kale - mash coarsely.
After trying this, I don't think I'll ever make mashed potatoes without kale again. Tastes great, and you can never have too much leafy greens in your diet. I also added some chives to this, and used Greek yogurt instead of ricotta. Really, you can toss kale into any mashed potato recipe and it should work. Thanks for sharing :)
I planted kale in my garden last summer and was looking for ways to make it that my family would eat it with no problems. This recipe was a hit. I am back to make it a third time as I put some kale in the freezer and thought I would let you know that we like this real well. I used the ricotta and butter and added Parmesan cheese. Thanks for the great recipe.
We enjoyed this recipe. I like the crunchy texture of the kale in cantrast with the smooth, creamy texture of the mashed poatoes. I didn't add ricotta our sour cream to the mix, but I did add a bit of milk and then I baked it in the oven with some cheese on top. Thanks, I'll definitely try this with ricotta next time.