Recipe by Bergy
I really enjoy Kale with potatoes and decided to make a very simple version of it. It is quick to make and very flavorful. Use margarine instead of butter if you wish
Top Review by rpgaymer
After trying this, I don't think I'll ever make mashed potatoes without kale again. Tastes great, and you can never have too much leafy greens in your diet. I also added some chives to this, and used Greek yogurt instead of ricotta. Really, you can toss kale into any mashed potato recipe and it should work. Thanks for sharing :)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups kale, chopped fairly fine
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese or 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil, turn the heat to medium but keep the potatoes boiling.
- Add kale to the boiling potatoes.
- When potatoes are soft drain the potato kale mixture
- Add ricotta and butter, salt and pepper to the drained potatoes and kale - mash coarsely.