Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This was in the Sunday paper; the picture posted looks really good!
Make and share this Simple Italian Skillet Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet cook sausage 4-6 minutes, drain excess fat.
- Add green peppers and onions, cook until crisp.
- Add diced tomatoes and vegetable juice; cook and stir until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice.
- Cover and let stand 6-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Yummy. This was so good, and quite quick to prepare. I used mild Italian sausage and thought it went well with the other spices of other ingredients, but I could see where the hot Italian sausage would be wonderful, too (well that is if my family would just learn to like the hotter sausage as much as I do!). I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe, AZPARZYCH. Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
As I never have instant rice I par boiled the regular kind and proceeded as directed. I added Italian Seasoning and garlic to our taste. Mild sausage was used which pleased DH to no end but personally I would like the hot sausage better. be that as it may, we both enjoyed our meal tonight and I would surely make this again.
Made half a recipe for the 2 of us & used the mild Italian sausage, which, for us, worked just great. Easy enough to put together, & delicious in the eating. Thanks for sharing the recipe. [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]