This is the easiest and fastest way to put grilled chicken on the table quickly. It goes with almost any type of side dish
- pam no-stick grilling cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning (I sometimes use a Middle Eastern spice mix called Bhaharat that I received in a "B" swap)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Coat grill pan with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper, in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir. Dip chIcken in olive oil mixture to coat evenly.
- FOR INSIDE COOKING: Place on hot grill pan. Cook 6-8 minutes per side until juices run clear and thermometer reads 165 degrees. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- FOR OUTDOOR GRILL: Coat unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken 6-8 minutes per side until juices run clear and thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
I have this same recipe from Crisco. Its super easy and tasty. This goes great with criscos roasted potatoes with rosemary. Thanks for taking the time to post!
This was so great and easy. I would have never thought to warm the oil before brushing it on the chicken and I tell you this really did the trick. I got a new grill this weekend and this was what I did to "chisten" it....And man was it good. Thanks for posting.
This could not be an easier recipe! I used skinless bone-in breasts and adjusted the cooking time accordingly. I decided to marinate the chicken for an hour before cooking which seems to work well too. As a side dish, I made your Potato Smashers and they go very well together. We loved it. Made for Spring Pac 2009. Thx a bunch!