Recipe by Red Chef Mama
This is a nice change from regular grilled cheese. A lot of adults get tired of regular grilled cheese by the time they have kids, this is one that you and your kids will love as well. You can cook them under your broiler if you wish, but be careful they will burn easily! :) You could also serve these as a side dish with Italian pasta instead of garlic bread!
- 4 slices white bread
- butter or margarine
- 8 -16 ounces mozzarella cheese (depending on how much you like, I use shredded)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (any kind)
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side.
- Place mozzarella cheese on un-buttered side of two pieces of bread, top with other two slices of bread.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder on each buttered side of the bread.
- Cook in preheated pan until golden.
- Heat marinara sauce in pan or microwave.
- Serve sauce with sandwiches for dipping.