Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a recipe I simply threw together one night, and it happened to turn out great. The chicken turned out juicy and tender with great flavor from the italian seasoning and tangy tomato sauce.
Top Review by Jen T
Fast and easy with 'on hand' ingredients makes for a great meal when time is limited. I served with jacket baked potatoes (done in microwave) but would also go well on rice. Made for Auz/NZ swap July 2009
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with olive oil and garlic if available)
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare chicken breasts, season both sides with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Then lightly dust with flour on each side.
- In a large skillet at medium-high heat, saute scallions and garlic in 1 tbs. olive oil until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside, covered.
- Add remaining 1 tbs. olive oil to skillet and brown chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add scallions and garlic back to skillet. Then add tomatoes, white wine and lemon juice. Simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until tomato mixture is reduced by half and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve each chicken breast topped with tomato mixture.