Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I simply threw together one night, and it happened to turn out great. The chicken turned out juicy and tender with great flavor from the italian seasoning and tangy tomato sauce.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with olive oil and garlic if available)
- To prepare chicken breasts, season both sides with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Then lightly dust with flour on each side.
- In a large skillet at medium-high heat, saute scallions and garlic in 1 tbs. olive oil until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside, covered.
- Add remaining 1 tbs. olive oil to skillet and brown chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add scallions and garlic back to skillet. Then add tomatoes, white wine and lemon juice. Simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until tomato mixture is reduced by half and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve each chicken breast topped with tomato mixture.
Fast and easy with 'on hand' ingredients makes for a great meal when time is limited. I served with jacket baked potatoes (done in microwave) but would also go well on rice. Made for Auz/NZ swap July 2009