Recipe by Loves2Teach
This is one of those simple clasics that everyone loves. I usually serve it with a garden salad, and french bread. This also freezes beautifully! I have made two pans, one for now, and one for later. Enjoy! From http://www.cooking-italian-food.com/lasagna.htm
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked
- 2 (16 ounce) jars meatless sauce
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or until tender but still firm.
- Drain, keep warm.
- Meanwhile, saute the ground beef, garlic and onion is a large heavy skillet or saucepan until beef is done.
- Add sauce, salt, and Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Simmer on low heat 12-15 minutes .
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Grease a 9" x 12" or larger, baking pan.
- Arrange a first layer of noodles so the ends hang over the sides of the pan.
- (The ends will be laid back-over the top for the final layer).
- Then add a layer of the cooked beef lasagna sauce, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Add a second alternating layer of pasta, the meat sauce and cheese mixture.
- Repeat until pan is almost full then fold over the ends of the first layer of noodles and top with more lasagna sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes , or till cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- This Lasagna recipe can be modified to suit individual preferences. I have also made it using Italian sausage instead of beef, and I have added a can of chopped tomatoes to the sauce mixture with good results. Sometimes I mix in shredded parmesan cheese to the ricotta for an extra boost :).