Recipe by Meredith K.
I made this last night, "winging it" with stuff on hand. My husband said it was perfect and to make it again without changing a single thing. (I'm kind of known for inconsistent results due to making small changes that turn out badly). So to make sure I CAN make this again, I'm posting it. Hope you like it, too. It's super simple.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons v 8 vegetable juice or 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Liberally salt and pepper BOTH sides of the chicken breast halves.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a glass baking dish just big enough to hold them without the pieces touching each other or the sides of the dish.
- In a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl, heat butter and V-8 just enough for the butter to melt. (About 20 seconds on high).
- Stir in garlic powder, basil and oregano, crushing the dried herbs with your fingers as you add them to release more flavor.
- Pour butter-juice-herb mixture over the chicken, turning the chicken as necessary for complete coverage.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- If using the mozzarella, sprinkle it evenly over the chicken AFTER removing from the oven.
- Tent loosely with foil to melt the cheese and keep warm until serving.