Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This recipe could be used on any light flavored squash. Three steps and you are done. The squash is wonderful reheated the next day if you have any leftovers. I have added another ingredient to the garam masala. It is optional but my family seems to like it.
- 1 medium while acorn squash, seeded, cut 8 slices
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional) or 2 teaspoons Splenda granular (optional)
- olive oil
- aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8x10-inch glass baking pan or dish or larger pour approximately 2 tbsp olive oil in the pan.
- Roll each slice in the oil. Sprinkle salt on each slice.
- Preheat over 325°F.
- Mix garam marsala and optional sugar if desired.
- Sprinkle garam marsala on each slice, especially the sides of the slices.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with margarine or butter if desired.