Recipe by HiAltitudeTexan
Adapted from a recipe made popular by a food network chef, this simplified version is a crowd pleaser, and can be thrown together in minutes. I made this dip once, and now my friend think its my job to bring it to our get togethers.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for My 3 Chefs tag game and we really enjoyed this. I did use fresh minced garlic and added some shredded mozzeralla cheese and some red pepper flakes for zing. Everyone enjoyed this at our "Football Weekend". Thank you for posting.
- 1 (14 ounce) canmedium artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain spinach, and squeeze any remaining water from it. Place in medium microwave safe bowl.
- Add artichoke hearts and microwave for 1-2 minute until warm.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and stir into spinach and artichokes. Microwave until cheese can be totally incorperated (roughly 3 minutes).
- Add remaining ingrediants and stir to combine, and microwave until hot.
- Serve with fresh baguettes and vegetables for dipping.
- **can also be made in advance and reheated at serving time.