Recipe by Satyne
I have an abundance of chillis so I want to make a sauce. I'm planning on trying this with other types of chillis as needed, but for now, saving this recipe per how I found it. http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/19696/hot+chilli+sauce Modified per suggestions. Receipe states should last 3 weeks in the fridge, but I'm sure if you sterilised, it would last longer and canning would probably make it last even longer. Prep time includes blending time.
- 1 cup red birdseye chile, roughly chopped (swap in other chillis depending on your heat preference)
- 200 g diced tomatoes (canned is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chilli, tomatoes, sugar, salt and vinegar in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Process mixture, in batches, until smooth. Pour into hot sterilized jars. Secure lids. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.