Prep 10 mins
Cook 72 hrs
Easy to make and ready to eat in 3 days. My mother mixes everything in the gallon jar but I find it easier to use a large bowl. You choose the method that works best for you!
- 1 gallon hamburger dill pickle, sliced and drained
- 1 pint jalapeno pepper, sliced and undrained
- 4 lbs sugar
- Drain and discard the juice from the Hamburger Dills.
- Put 1/2 the jar of Dill pickles into a large bowl.
- Add the entire jar of Jalapeno's with the juice to 1/2 of the dill pickles.
- Add 2 pounds of Sugar and mix gently.
- Top with the remaining dill pickles and sugar. Mix gently.
- Return the pickles to the jar (if mixing in a bowl) and place the jar in the refrigerator.
- Turn the jar over twice a day for the next 3 days to allow the flavors to blend.
- Store in the refrigerator and