Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
quick & easy & my kids adore them!
- 680.38-907.18 g baby carrots
- 7.39 ml salt
- 59.16 ml butter
- 59.16 ml honey
- 44.37 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper or chopped parsley, for garnish
- Rinse carrots under cold water and put in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and add salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a saute pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add honey and brown sugar and cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Add the lemon juice and gently stir in carrots, coating well. Continue heating, gently stirring, until carrots are hot and glazed. Serve immediately garnished with freshly ground pepper or chopped parsley, if desired.
Great recipe! Followed recipe except used lemon juice, didn't have a fresh lemon. We loved it and so did our picky 4 year old. I was afraid it would too sweet but surprisingly it was perfect and great side dish! Printing recipe tomorrow for a keeper!
Great carrots! Made as written, but used regular-sized carrots. The amount of time for boiling was perfect and they were nice and crisp-tender. Served with just parsley on top since DSs think pepper is too 'spicy'. Made for Spring PAC 2013.