After trying some of the refried beans recipes from this site, I will never again eat them from a can. However, the recipes I enjoyed were time consuming. This recipe is a marriage between scrumptious home made and easy (like canned).
- Place first four ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook until the butter is melted and the ingredients are heated through.
- Remove pan from the heat source, and add the cheese.
- Mash all of the ingredients in the pan with a potato masher or beat with a hand-held mixer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.