Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
After trying some of the refried beans recipes from this site, I will never again eat them from a can. However, the recipes I enjoyed were time consuming. This recipe is a marriage between scrumptious home made and easy (like canned).
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Place first four ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook until the butter is melted and the ingredients are heated through.
- Remove pan from the heat source, and add the cheese.
- Mash all of the ingredients in the pan with a potato masher or beat with a hand-held mixer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pretty tasty but not my fave. If in a rush I will probably do this again other wards I will take the long road and make them authentically.
Delicious, wow! And so easy!!! Who knew? I added a little garlic powder mmmmmmmmm. Thanks for the keepr Cooks4_6!!
Yummy and so easy! I halved the recipe for 2 of us and added 1/2 tsp garlic powder. I will never buy the canned stuff again! Thanks for sharing