Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, easy, and tastes great. Cook time is for the eggs. Great for lunches, picnics, cook outs, snacks, finger foods, etc.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use light mayo on mine, don't care for salad dressing, use more mayo if needed)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I use regular yellow mustard)
- 1 tablespoon relish
- pepper (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- 6 slices whole wheat bread (any type will do)
- Finely chop boiled eggs.
- Mix in mayo 1 tablespoon at a time, so not to add too much.
- Mix in mustard, relish and pepper.
- Put egg salad mixture on bread (toasted is good as well), also good on rolls for finger foods.
- Top sandwich with lettuce.
Yum! I made this for out picnic last night at the park and we all three devoured them. DD doesn't like anything in her egg salad but mayo, so I took the relish, mustard and mayo and ran them threw the food processor. So had no idea they were in there, but we still had the flavor. thank you for this yummy salad recipe.
i skipped the mustard and added a few drops of truffle oil once, yum!
Pretty basic recipe. Better to use dill relish, salt and pepper to taste, and a dash of paprika!