Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, easy, and tastes great. Cook time is for the eggs. Great for lunches, picnics, cook outs, snacks, finger foods, etc.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use light mayo on mine, don't care for salad dressing, use more mayo if needed)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I use regular yellow mustard)
- 1 tablespoon relish
- pepper (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- 6 slices whole wheat bread (any type will do)
- Finely chop boiled eggs.
- Mix in mayo 1 tablespoon at a time, so not to add too much.
- Mix in mustard, relish and pepper.
- Put egg salad mixture on bread (toasted is good as well), also good on rolls for finger foods.
- Top sandwich with lettuce.
Yum! I made this for out picnic last night at the park and we all three devoured them. DD doesn't like anything in her egg salad but mayo, so I took the relish, mustard and mayo and ran them threw the food processor. So had no idea they were in there, but we still had the flavor. thank you for this yummy salad recipe.
IMHO THIS is the best egg salad recipe, ever. I've been looking for a long time and this is simply WOW! I've made it 3 times in the past month (I love egg salad) and have met with rave reviews across the board with whomever I shared it with. My sister requested some "crunch" so I added super finely chopped celery (a small rib) to today's batch, otherwise, this recipe is the bomb. Thank you, Miss Tinkerbell!
Loved this! I used finely diced pickles and celery, instead of relish. Absolutely loved it!