Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Even I can make this! This quick and easy sauce can be made right in your blender. I LOVE this over freshly steamed green beans or asparagus.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2.46 ml salt
- white pepper, to taste
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 0.25 ml hot sauce
- 113.39 g unsalted butter
- Melt the stick of butter in a small saucepan.
- Place egg yolks, salt, mustard, lemon juice, pepper, and hot sauce in blender and blend for about 3 seconds.
- Heat melted butter until it begins to bubble, but NOT burn. Butter should be very hot.
- Turn blender back on and SLOWLY stream in the hot melted butter.
- The sauce will begin to thicken immediately.
- Soemtime I steam in a tablespoon or two of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Serve over vegetables, eggs or meat.