Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This a simple to prepare chicken recipe that sits well with a sensitive (IBS) stomach.
Make and share this Simple Herb Baked Chicken Breast (Ibs O.k.) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed thyme
- 1 crushed bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a broiling rack in a shallow pan.
- Brush each breast with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub generously with herb mix.
- Bake 40 minutes, covered with foil, basting occasionally.
I chose this recipe because I loved all the ingredients in it but when I was making it I thought with all the dried herbs the flavour of the chicken would be overpowering, but it wasn't. The flavours were strong, but not to overwhelming. When I was eating the chicken, I wanted more after each bite. Hubby liked it so much she wants me to make it again. The chicken turned out to be really tender, I think its because covering the chicken breasts with the foil allowed them to steam as well roast. For side dish I served lemon red potatoes and a tomato and fresh herb salad. Thank you morgainegeiser for a wonderful recipe.
This is a simple recipe and probably is good for those with IBS, however, I felt the chicken tasted more like boiled chicken rather than baked and without salt, it did not taste good to me. I will not try this again.
Love recipes like this that are simple and have great flavor. This is one of them. I followed the
recipe as written, and the chicken was delicious.
Thanks for posting it.