Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great Summer Salad, and easy enough for the kids to assemble. This is an excellent beginning for the beginner cook, and tastes so good on a hot Summer afternoon. [Adults may wish to do the chopping, however.]
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, washed, torn into bite sized pieces
- 4 ounces spinach, fresh whole leaf
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered, and sliced thin
- 1 fresh tomato, washed and diced
- 1 green onion, washed and minced
- Assemble all ingredients and toss gently to mix well.
- May be served with salad dressing of choice and crackers or bread.
My everyday go-to salad. Thank you.
Straightforward and unencumbered basic tossed salad. In the next few weeks I'll be having heirloom tomatoes and lemon cucumbers from our garden ready to use in this salad! A simple light vinaigrette of red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil worked nicely. Thanks for posting. cg
You can't go wrong with this simple salad. I used bagged iceberg lettuce that also had some shredded carrot and red cabbage in place of the head lettuce. The salad was served with Italian dressing. Made for the Summer Salad Snapshot Event.