Recipe by childofHK
Really, pancakes should be simple and healthy using ingredients avaliable all around the world. This is just a base for sweet plain pancakes, feel free to add things in for a unique experience!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and sugar (all dry ingredients).
- Add in milk and fold until smooth.
- Whip egg whites until glossy, add into batter, FOLDING GENTLY (there may be lumps!).
- Heat oil in griddle over medium heat.
- Once griddle starts smoking drop batter by tablespoonfuls.
- Add in additional ingredients if making unique pancakes. But take notice that chocolate has to be added into batter before cooking.
- When bubbles appear on top of raw side, flip the pancake. (Around 2 minutes).
- When able to slide spatula completely under pancake, lift off or fry until golden.
- Enjoy! (With peanut butter, condensed milk, hot chocolate, freshly whipped cream, ice cream, fresh fruit, maple syrup -- ;D ).