Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Choose your add-ins to personalize this recipe. Amazingly light texture for a whole grain muffin!
Make and share this Simple Harvest Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, aluminum-free
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fruit, chopped, combination of your choice of fresh and dried
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped, and seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon combination allspice, nutmeg, ginger, clove
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix fruits, nuts and spices into dry ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs and yogurt in a separate bowl.
- Add melted butter to yogurt mixture, whisking to combine.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened - do not overmix, some lumps are fine.
- Divide evenly into 12 lined muffin cups - load them full as these don't rise.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Cool on a rack.
Great muffin! Tastes like Fall. Very dense and moist. Just the right amount of sweet. I used dried cranberries and walnuts, and the combination of spices option. I also made 6 jumbo muffins and baked about 10 minutes longer. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.