Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Here is a delicious and easy meal for a busy weeknight. Use 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles instead of plain diced tomatoes, if you like. Recipe is from Pillsbury.
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (American-Cheddar cheese blend recommended)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F., cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic powder and salt over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and pasta.
- Pour into ungreased 8-inch square (2 quart) glass baking dish.
- Cover dish with foil; bake 30-40 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake uncovered 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This was really good. I added a little more cheese and used the diced tomatoes and green chilis. pretty quick to throw together and its made with stuff I always have in my cupboards Thanks for a great recipe
This was really good. I didn't have any diced tomatoes and DH doesn't like them anyway so I used 2 cans of tomato sauce. After adding the sugar (I only added half) it was just too sweet for my taste so I added another can of tomato suace and it was perfect. Thanks!!
Mmmm good! quick and easy and oh so tasty! Added some Tabasco and spices and used low-fat mozzarella chese. Doubled the recipe and was glad to have leftovers!! Thanks Lainey! :)