Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish can be made with any number of vegetables. This meal is as simple as Hamburger Helper, but homemade so more healthy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions until almost ready, drain water.
- Fry hamburger until it is no longer pink.
- Mix hamburger in to the pasta. Add soup, milk and green pepper until well blended.
- Cover and simmer until pasta is completed cooking.
As simple as it gets and tasty. Mine was a little bland, but it may have been because I used the "healthy" version of the soup (low salt, etc.) A little added salt or soy sauce went a long way. I will make this again, but might try spicing it up or adding more sauce.
This was good for a quick meal. I put an additional 1/2 c water and also about 1/2-1c mozz. cheese at the end. I omitted the green pepper and put in a can of green beans, and some onion salt. Also...baked some tater tots and put those on top after it was done. Kind of a quick tater tot casserole...good!
These are ingredients I usually have on hand and perfect for a quick yet satisfying meal. I served a garden salad with this and the meal was complete. Thanks for sharing, Sam#3.