Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great fingerfood for a party. Ready-rolled puff pastry makes these quick and easy. Can be pre-made to step 4.
- 2 eggs
- 40 g stuffed green olives, chopped
- 95 g ham, finely chopped
- 30 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 sheets premade puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to hot 220C (425F). Line, or lightly grease, 2 baking trays.
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes, then drain and cool in cold water for 5 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Combine the egg, olives, ham and Cheddar in a large bowl.
- Cut out five 10cm rounds from each pastry sheet (15 in total). Place 1 tablespoon of filling onto the centre of each circle. Fold the pastry over, to create a half-circle, and seal the edges.
- Place the empanadas on the prepared trays about 2cms apart. Brush with the egg yolk and bake for 15 minutes, or until puffed and dark golden in colour.
- You may need to swap the trays around at the 10 minute mark to cook evenly. If they start to brown too much loosely cover with foil. Serve hot.
I made this recipe using precut empanada pastry (puff pastry by Goya). There are 12 in a package and they came out perfect. Followed the baking instructions for this recipe. The filling made exactly 12. They were delicious and so easy!. Baked on parchment paper so the bottoms didn't get too brown. Thanks for sharing.
We loved these! I just made them for brunch, and hubby & I both gave it a 5 out of 5! I made a double batch, and left the olives out of one half, for the kids. They loved their version too! Thanks for sharing this! [Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap Sep 08]