Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just thought I would try these roasted red potatoes on the grill and they were so good that I thought I would post the recipe. You can also add chopped onions, and green or red peppers, too.
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 cup margarine (melted) or 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Dice up the red potatoes and place on heavy duty foil or a grill pan.
- Spray foil or pan with Pam or a cooking spray of choice.
- Add potatoes to foil or pan.
- Mix together melted butter with seasoning salt and pour over potatoes. Stir gently.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste.
- Close foil sightly and grill until tender.
- Time depends on how fast your grill cooks. Mine was about a hour on low heat.
- NOTE: you can add onion and green or red peppers with the diced potatoes. Also you can make this recipe in oven at 350' for 1 hour.
My husband & I loved these. We used 2 tbs of butter & 1 tbs olive oil; and served them with pork tenderloin. Thank you very much!
We really liked these. The next time I made them, I used carrots and mushrooms, and when done topped with sour cream, and they were good too. Thanks for posting!!
Simplicity at it's finest!! These are absolutely fantastic and what I like best is that everyone you are feeding can now add what they prefer in their foil packets. I made mine with baby red potatoes cut in half and added small chunks of pepper and onion. They came out so soft and with great flavor. Next time I will add a clove of garlic as well with no worry about it burning during cooking. I made these in the oven at 350 degrees for exactly one hour. Thank you so very much for posting this super recipe - it's going into my "WOW" cookbook and will be made often.