This simple treatment for lamb chops makes for a terrific dinner. Prep time includes marinating time, although you don't have to marinate it that long; even 30 minutes is good.
- About 4 hours before you wish to serve dinner, prepare marinade: in a mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, fresh herbs and garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture into a large zip-lock freezer bag, add lamb chops, squeeze out all the air and seal; place in a glass dish and refrigerate, turning it over at least once; let marinate for three to four hours.
- Alternatively, if you don't have a zip-lock bag, marinate lamb chops in a covered glass dish.
- Shortly before you wish to serve dinner, grease grill rack and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Reserve marinade and place chops on preheated greased grill and cook, with a closed lid, for about 15 minutes for medium-rare-- baste with reserved marinade and turn once during cooking.