Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This simple treatment for lamb chops makes for a terrific dinner. Prep time includes marinating time, although you don't have to marinate it that long; even 30 minutes is good.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops
- About 4 hours before you wish to serve dinner, prepare marinade: in a mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, fresh herbs and garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture into a large zip-lock freezer bag, add lamb chops, squeeze out all the air and seal; place in a glass dish and refrigerate, turning it over at least once; let marinate for three to four hours.
- Alternatively, if you don't have a zip-lock bag, marinate lamb chops in a covered glass dish.
- Shortly before you wish to serve dinner, grease grill rack and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Reserve marinade and place chops on preheated greased grill and cook, with a closed lid, for about 15 minutes for medium-rare-- baste with reserved marinade and turn once during cooking.
This recipe was so easy, but made a wonderful addition to simple grilled lamb chops. They were tender and flavorful. I think that I will make this recipe again, but will use red wine instead of red wine vinegar to smooth out the flavor.
Never made lamb chops before (or any type of lamb). This was easy and delicious. My husband and I will definitely make this recipe again.
My lamb loin chops were small so 8 did 3 of us just right and they marinated for 4 hours and were cooked on the indoor grill to perfection with the DM's and the DS's nearly well done and mine with just a nice bit of pink in them. Served with recipe #294234 and recipe #441646 and some steamed green beans on the side. thank you Lennie, made for All You Can Cook Buffet