Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 cups torn assorted greens
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, about
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, about
- fresh ground black pepper
- Put the greens in a bowl; toss them with the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- *Greek Salad: add about ¼ cup chopped fresh mint or parsley (or both); about 1/3 cup crumble feta cheese and about ¼ cup pitted and roughly chopped black olives; use lemon juice in place of the vinegar.
- *Lyonnaise Salad: use strong-flavored greens, like frisee, arugula, dandelions, radicchio, etc; alone or in combination; top with 2 poached eggs.
- *Endive Salad: combine endive with radicchio, watercress, and other strong-flavored greens; toss in about ½ cup toasted walnuts or hazelnuts and use nut oil if you have it.