Recipe by DungeonDeb
I call these "My Famous Green Beans". I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I didn't see another like it here. I always make these instead of mushy green bean casserole for Thanksgiving!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, snapped and trimmed
- 1 small onion (I prefer red)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the green beans.
- Saute bacon and crumble it to make bits (or you can chop the bacon small before cooking; it doesn't matter).
- Drain most of the fat out of the bacon pan, then saute the onion until almost soft. Add sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Once fully liquified, pour over steamed beans, top with bacon bits and toss!