Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I call these "My Famous Green Beans". I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I didn't see another like it here. I always make these instead of mushy green bean casserole for Thanksgiving!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, snapped and trimmed
- 1 small onion (I prefer red)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Steam the green beans.
- Saute bacon and crumble it to make bits (or you can chop the bacon small before cooking; it doesn't matter).
- Drain most of the fat out of the bacon pan, then saute the onion until almost soft. Add sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Once fully liquified, pour over steamed beans, top with bacon bits and toss!
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written but used a sweet onion as that is what I had. We all enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
Loved these as an alternative to my usual Garlic Green Beans! The fresh green beans at the store didn't look too good so I used frozen and they came out just fine.