Recipe by tasb
I saw a recipe here for Greek Scrambled Eggs and wanted to make them at work, but realized I didn't have all the ingredients so I simplified it. These are a pretty good seller when I put them up on the Specials Board.
Top Review by Very Berry
Made a divine holiday breakkie with fried brown bread and tomato salad - did not have greek seasoning, so I added thyme, black pepper and garlic. I don't really like egg yolks, so I made it with double the amounts of whites and reserved the yellow to make custard for ice cream. Many thanks, tasb!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 -4 tablespoons green peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon black olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- all purpose Greek seasoning, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl beat eggs. Add green pepper, green onion and olives (if using).
- Heat pan and coat with cooking spray or coat with oil.
- Scramble fry eggs, season with greek seasoning, when almost done top with feta, I usually add a couple tablespoons of water and cover so the feta starts to melt.
- Serve with toast and or hashbrowns or even rice.
- When I first started making this I didn't have the greek seasoning, and you can use any color peppers. I think the olives are optional, mostly because I don't like them and I find people around here don't like them either.