I saw a recipe here for Greek Scrambled Eggs and wanted to make them at work, but realized I didn't have all the ingredients so I simplified it. These are a pretty good seller when I put them up on the Specials Board.
- In a small bowl beat eggs. Add green pepper, green onion and olives (if using).
- Heat pan and coat with cooking spray or coat with oil.
- Scramble fry eggs, season with greek seasoning, when almost done top with feta, I usually add a couple tablespoons of water and cover so the feta starts to melt.
- Serve with toast and or hashbrowns or even rice.
- When I first started making this I didn't have the greek seasoning, and you can use any color peppers. I think the olives are optional, mostly because I don't like them and I find people around here don't like them either.
Made a divine holiday breakkie with fried brown bread and tomato salad - did not have greek seasoning, so I added thyme, black pepper and garlic. I don't really like egg yolks, so I made it with double the amounts of whites and reserved the yellow to make custard for ice cream. Many thanks, tasb!
Both hubby and I loved this dish. I made it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. I can't wait to make it again for guests. This is a winner for sure, tasb.
Wanted to try something different than my version of Greek scrambled eggs but I didn't like the addition of green pepper and DH said he did not hated the black olives in it. I thought the green onions were nice in it and may try it with just those and if so will re-review. I think it was just a matter of personal taste. Thanks for sharing though!