Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple and quick delicious dish, oregano and lemon make you not miss the skin. Time does not include 30 minute marinade. Easily quadrupled, this is for one but use it as a guide for as many as you want.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 skinless chicken thighs
- 3 small new potatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into wedges
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano and use to coat the chicken. Set aside to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Put the chicken, marinade, potatoes and lemon wedges into a roasting tin and roast for ¾ - 1 hour, until the chicken is cooked right through, and the potatoes are tender.
I marinated four chicken hindquarters overnight in the mixture, using fresh Greek oregano from our garden. Forgot to add the lemon wedges but I made sure to serve the chicken with plenty of lemon on the side. Three types of potatoes added more color: red, gold and blue. Served with Green Salad With Pomegranate and Mandarin. A very simple and elegant dish but one that a beginner cook would have no problem preparing. Reviewed for ZWT 6.
I subbed a large skinless chicken breast half for the thighs (personal preference) and followed the instructions. Needed the hour to cook the chicken. It was tender and tasty! Served with Honey Almond Green Beans for a side dish. Great combination. Thanks for posting Michele. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.
I scaled this up for 3 serves using 6 thigh cutlets (skin on and bone in) and followed this recipe for 3 serves but after an hour of cooking at 175C fan forced the chicken was beautifully cooked but the potatoes were still hard so I took the potatoes out and put them in a separate dish and microwaved them for a few minutes and then gave them a spray with oil and put them under the grill/broiler to brown and crisp up a little. The chicken was moist and tasted beautiful and the addition of the roasted lemon to squeeze onto the chicken just really made the dish. Thank you MarraMamba, made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.