1/1 Photo of Simple Greek Avocado Sandwich
A quick, satisfying vegetarian lunch (vegan if you use cheese-free pesto). Katie says, "It’s all of my favorite things sandwiched between two slices of whole wheat bread: buttery avocado, roasted red pepper, as much of my favorite Greek salad ingredients as I could fit, a splash of balsamic vinegar and rich basil pesto. It wouldn’t be the same in any other form; sandwich is the way to go".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices soft whole wheat bread (or whole grain bread)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto (storebought or homemade)
- roasted red pepper (jarred is fine)
- cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- thinly sliced red onion
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- handful spring mixed salad green
- balsamic vinegar, reduction (or regular balsamic vinegar)
- 1Pit and peel the avocado half and mash it with a fork. Use a butter knife to spread avocado on one slice of bread. Spread a layer of pesto on the other slice of bread.
- 2Top the avocado bread with a single layer of roasted red bell pepper. Then add a layer of cucumber slices, red onion, olives and spring lettuce mix.
- 3Use a spoon to sprinkle some balsamic reduction over the lettuce. Place the pesto slice on top, pesto side down.
- 4Dig in and enjoy!
- 6Yields one sandwich.
- 7Use vegan (cheese-free) pesto to make this sandwich vegan.
- 8Feel free to lightly toast the bread beforehand.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Greek Avocado Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (1419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 468.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.5 g