Recipe by Tiphani
This recipe is the first pecan pie I ever made. It follows my philosophy that everything is better with real cream.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch nutmeg or 1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut in small chunks
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In bowl, combine brown sugar with flour.
- In small bowl, blend cream, maple syrup and spice and add to first mnixture, beating lightly.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Top with pecans and butter. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream.