Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A small list of ingredients, but delicious.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat
- 1 lb lean pork shoulder, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 1/2 ounce) jar sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Cook onions in fat until slightly brown.
- Add meat, paprika and water.
- Simmer until almost tender.
- Rinse kraut in water and squeeze out water lightly; add to meat.
- Cook 30 minutes or until meat is done.
- Add sour cream and heat, but do not boil.
This is just plain old good comfort food which I served with mashed potatoes. I really liked this this dish.
A simple and good recipe. All stuff that most people probably have on hand. I served it over egg noodles. The ingredients go very well together. I thought it could maybe use a little more flavor. Celery seeds or something? All in all, it's a good, simple meal. Thanx for posting. I will make this again.