1/2 Photos of Simple Good Healthy Capri Salad
We have this often when the garden tomatoes get ripe. It is so simple and can be a complete meal. If you just need a light lunch or dinner serve with your favorite Whole Grain Bread, or if you prefer more traditional, Italian or garlic Bread. It has protien, dairy, fresh tomatoes, and did you know that BASIL in just one serving, has Dietary Fiber, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Total Folate and Vitamin K. But you don't have to think about that when you are eating just ENJOY.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the fresh Mozzarella Balls into 3 or 4 slices.
- 2Core and remove a very thin slice from the bottom of the washed Tomatoes, slice into 4 or 5 slices.
- 3Between 4 salad plates divide the Mozzarella and Tomato slices layering the slices alterantely (See Photo).
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Chop the Basil and sprinkle over the top of each salad.
- 6Drizzle 1/2 a Tablespoon of Olive Oil over each salad.
- 7Serve with Lemon wedges or squeeze the lemon on top before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Good Healthy Capri Salad
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh mozzarella balls