Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is dense and sweet and delicious! I looked at other banana bread recipes using rice flour on this site, and they all either used a lot more fat or a host of unusual ingredients. Perhaps unusual to me because I don't normally cook gluten-free. But we are trying new things. (from aldentegourmet.com; originally called for 1 egg, which I forgot and it was good anyway!) I would like to try reducing the sugar and adding vanilla.
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bananas, sugar, oil, and milk.
- Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.