- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb frozen pearl onions, thawed (can use fresh, cooked and peeled)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to brown on all sides; about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and gently stir in the mustard to make a smooth coating over the onions; add salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp parsley. Cook about 2 minutes longer.
- Place into a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp parsley for garnish.