Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good as a side dish for a steak or pork.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb frozen pearl onions, thawed (can use fresh, cooked and peeled)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to brown on all sides; about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and gently stir in the mustard to make a smooth coating over the onions; add salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp parsley. Cook about 2 minutes longer.
- Place into a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp parsley for garnish.
Phenomenal! That's all I have to say. A perfect side to our grilled steaks. Thanks for posting.
This is a very simple but delicious recipe. One bite and DH said "WOW". They definately have that. The recipe is very easy to follow. The only change I made was to use cilantro for the parsley.
Everyone loved them. Next time I'll use the fresh onions, (only for a little more flavour) Great recipe. Dinner wasn't even finished and they were asking when I was going to make them again.