Recipe by Mirj
I am addicted to gingersnaps. No one else in the family likes them, so I bake these to spoil myself. They also make great gifts for like-minded friends.
Top Review by Charmie777
Oh the flavor of these is devine!!! Love my gingersnaps!!!! The dough is rather soft and I forgot to press the first tray...they still spread quite a bit!!! I'm not gonna fault the recipe, cuz it's probably something I did. I kinda goofed on the steps and did out of order. I ended up with 28 cookies, using about walnut-sized dough balls. Thanks Mirj!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine, gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients and blend well.
- Form into small balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until tops are slightly rounded, crackly and lightly browned.