Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm on a gluten-free diet, and my toddler doesn't eat nuts yet, so this is the simplest, tastiest recipe I've come up with. I top with applesauce for a healthy breakfast, or use butter & syrup for a treat. I also use pancakes as bread for sandwiches sometimes. Feel free to try other flours or liquids. I found some whole grain brown rice flours to be a little gritty in this recipe, and Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Flour seemed a little bitter, but you may find otherwise.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup amaranth flour, plus
- 2 -3 tablespoons amaranth flour (I just overfill my half cup)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 tablespoons orange juice (I fill the 1/2 cup 1/4 of the way with oil, then top off with OJ)
- Spray a skillet & spatula with cooking spray & heat the skillet.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Cook first until bubbles form in pancakes and don't cave in, and/or until edges look done.
- Flip & finish cooking.