An easy cheesecake I got from the Land O' Lakes Chocolate cookbook. A handy point about this cake is that it can be served as an awesome Passover dessert. And of course the recipe scales nicely for those times when one cake just isn't enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup almonds, mix of slivered and chopped
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1Heat over to 175°C.
- 2In medium bowl, stir together all crust ingredients. Preserve 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crust mixture on bottom and halfway up sides of 9-inch pie pan or cheese cake pan.
- 3In large mixer bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy -- 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Add eggs. Continue beating, scraping often, until well mixed -- 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Add melted chocolate. Continue beating, scraping often, until well mixed -- 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pie crust.
- 7Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until center is just set.
- 8Cool. Sprinkle with reserved crust mix and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple German Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.3
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 332.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g