Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy cheesecake I got from the Land O' Lakes Chocolate cookbook. A handy point about this cake is that it can be served as an awesome Passover dessert. And of course the recipe scales nicely for those times when one cake just isn't enough.
- Heat over to 175°C.
- In medium bowl, stir together all crust ingredients. Preserve 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crust mixture on bottom and halfway up sides of 9-inch pie pan or cheese cake pan.
- In large mixer bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy -- 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add eggs. Continue beating, scraping often, until well mixed -- 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate. Continue beating, scraping often, until well mixed -- 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until center is just set.
- Cool. Sprinkle with reserved crust mix and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.