Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Ok, I don't think this has been posted yet, so I'm going to try. This is a great and easy way to prepare chicken. This is my husband's favorite chicken dish, and I used to enjoy it myself until I recently stopped eating meat. The recipe is from Emeril.
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens, rinsed well and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic (or I use 8 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rub the chicken on all sides with the olive oil.
- Season chicken inside and out with the Kosher salt.
- Rub the garlic all over the chicken, making sure to distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh or dried thyme over the chicken.
- Roast until skin is brown about 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue to roast chicken 30 to 40 minutes more until the juices run clear and a thermometer registers 160°F when inserted in deepest part of thigh.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to sit for 10 minutes before carving.