Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a spur of the moment experiment. I had a craving for mashed potatoes, but I hate peeling them (they say that all the nutrients are in the skin anyway, so I like to leave them on) and was kinda bored with regular mashed potatoes. I checked the fridge and this is what happened. Every single time that I serve these potatoes, they are gone in record time. Please keep in mind that I am a "measure by eye" type, so the recipe may need to be adjusted to suit your tastes. Enjoy!
- 4 -5 large potatoes, skin on, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes and garlic cloves together until potatoes are tender.
- Drain, retaining potatoes and garlic.
- Add mayo, milk and butter and "smash" the potato and garlic together with a hand masher. (I prefer the texture this way, but you can use a mixer if you prefer it that way.).
- When potatoes are the consistency that you like, add the feta cheese and mix well to distribute.
- Salt and pepper to taste.