Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. Says that this is a great start to many different kinds of soup, as well as great for cooking rice and potatoes. The recipe says that the broth will keep in the fridge for about a week and freezes well. Yield and cooking times are estimates.
- 8 cups vegetable stock or 8 cups water, and two cubes of buillon
- 1 -2 head garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock or water to boil in a large covered pot.
- In a soup pot on low heat, gently saute the garlic in the olive oil until golden, taking care not to let it brown.
- Add boiling stock and stir in the paprika.
- Tie the sage, thyme, and parsley into a little bundle with a sting and add it to the pot.
- Bring the broth to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, up to 30 minutes for a more intense flavor.
- Remove the bouquet and season with salt and pepper.