Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was looking for a tasty and healthier snack so adapted this from the book Quick and Healthy Recipes and Ideas. Cook time includes the standing time to infuse the flavours. ZWT REGION: France.
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lettuce (optional)
- cracker (optional)
- thin cheese slice (optional)
- Finely slice tomatoes into thin rounds.
- Mix the basil, garlic, salt and pepper, Spread over the tomato slices and then leave at room temperature for 1 hour for the flavours to infuse.
- Serve on cheese slices, crackers or lettuce.
i have a recipe very similar to this and it comes out so good...the flavors compliment each other very well. the only thing i would do different with this dish is to brush the tomato slices with a little olive oil before topping with the basil mixture. you've got a winner!
This is really good and easy recipe to make. This is a recipe I make at least once a week in the summer when the tomatoes are fresh. This recipe goes with anything and everything.