Recipe by Naito-Ko-
Furikake is a Japanese rice seasoning. It's usually used for just sprinkling on top of rice or mixing in with onigiri. There are many varieties available, but it's sometimes hard to find in stores, so it's much more convenient to make.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup of ground nori or 1 cup shaved nori
- salt, to taste
- nanami togarashi (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If nori is in sheets, shave on a grater, or put into a coffee grinder.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add nanami togarashi (Japanese spice mix) for added flavor and kick.
- Add a couple teaspoons to about 2 cups of cooked Japanese rice for an interesting Japanese flavor.