Recipe by BetterOffBread
This is a quick recipe from "Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies Special Publication 2000". I've made it a million times and my family thinks it takes alot of work to make them. SHHHHH!! I usually double the filling recipe and I pipe it into the tarts with my pastry bag (star tip) to make them look even more elegant. I also make them in advance and freeze them.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 9 ounces packagesrefrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 24 1 3/4 inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- For tart shells, cut cookie dough into six equal pieces.
- Cut each piece into four equal slices.
- Place each slice of dough in a prepared cup.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 9 minutes or till edges are lightly browned and dough is slightly firm by not set.
- Remove tart shells from oven.
- Gently press a shallow indentation in each tart shell with the back of a round 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon.
- Bake 2 minutes more or till the edges of tart shells are firm and light golden.
- Let tart shells cool in cups on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove tart shells from cups.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- For filling, combine chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk in a small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till chocolate is melted.
- (WATCH CAREFULLY) Spoon a slightly teaspoon of filling into each cooled tart shell.
- Cool, allowing filling to set.