Recipe by Chef Patience
These look very nice and sound yummy. Depending on how sweet you like them, you may want to drizzle a little icing over them. From Food Everyday issue 12.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully unfold pastry onto a cutting board and cut into 5 strips.
- Spread the jam on the top of 4 strips and sprinkle the jam with 2 tbsp sugar.
- Stack the strips on top of one another and place the one with no jam on top.
- Put in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the pastry is firm.
- After lining 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, slice the pastry on the short side into ¼ in slices. Use a bread knife and lay the slices 4 in apart on the cookie sheets as you go.
- You may want to slice just enough pastry to fit onto the cookie sheet and freeze the rest until you are ready to fill another sheet.
- Sprinkle the slices with a little sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes and cool on a rack.